Tuesday, December 16, 2008

And this is how it starts

I bought myself a Graflex Anniversary Speed Graphic through eBay. It was in pretty sad shape (but cheap) and I had to spend a bit more to get enough parts to make a working unit. On my original package I have solid body with focal plane shutter working. I have no way of testing the accuracy, but atleast the speed with which the curtain moves seems to change and the curtain seems lightproof. The camera came with Kodak Ektar 127mm f:4.5 lens that looks to be in good condition. The shutter on the other hand doesn't work on slow speeds. Also the lens board was cracked and not lightproof. I commissioned a friend of mine to fabricate me couple of new ones.

Graflex Anniversary Speed Graphic


I also bought Goerz Dogmar 6 1/2 In f:4.5 lens on a working shutter. To my supprise this came attached to a perfect lens board. I run to local Calumet to get a film holder and a pack of film.

I figured out how to load the film pack (with 2 sheets of film) and spend better part of last Saturday morning taking the pictures. The film is currently being developed and I should get them back later today. I will be noting down all shots I make and atleast scans of the pictures. Hmm.. Need to get a scanner in that case ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment