Sunday, January 4, 2009

3rd shoot


I have had my mother and brother-in-law visiting for the past two weeks. This morning I took the opportunity to take a portrait of Charles. Even though the Dogmar (6.5 inch ~ 165mm) is somewhat longer than the Ektar (127mm) I was surprised how close I have to take the portraits.

After some calculations I have deduced:

127 mm Ektar is equal to 35mm lens on 35mm camera since the 5 inch longer edge of the film happens to be also 127mm.

This would make the 165mm Dogmar equivalent of 45mm lens on 35mm camera.

The shoot itself went good but I think I broke the cable release attachment in the shutter. This forced me to release the shutter manually from the camera and the long exposure time might have caused the camera to shake and blurr the image. Note to self: Get the cable release fixed or get steadier tripod

No comments:

Post a Comment