Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Evening shoot

Today I dug my Graflex from the closet and headed out for a night shoot. I took several shots of different locations in downtown San Francisco. My goal was to capture the feeling on the streets in the night when there are not so many people around. I chose locations that didn't have restaurants or bars around them so guarantee the lack of pedestrians.

It's hard to gauge the exposure in the dark. I used my Canon 1D as reference light meter, but even then i approximated the needed exposure and bracketed the shots I really liked. I shot the whole evening with f/8 and exposure times between 2sec and 10sec. I'll try to get the films processed as soon as possible to see the results.

On one of the shots the film got stuck in the camera. I'm not sure id it holder was loaded wrong or how the film got out. I have the holder marked and need to see if that causes further problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment