Thursday, November 5, 2009

Darkroom

I managed to carve few hours to go into a darkroom to develop few pictures yesterday. It was a blast. This time there were other people in the darkroom also, 5 total including me. Occasionally there was a queue to the development trays.

I made 3 prints from my 4x5's and two from 35mm negatives. It really is so much nicer to work with large film. I highly recommend to everybody. The 35mm negatives were shot using Ilford XP2 Super film which is one of my favorite films to print from. It paled in comparison to Ilford FP4 Plus in 4x5 format.

I know the math when enlarging from 35mm compared to 4x5. There are 20 times more data in the 4x5 thus 20 times the details. I'm still amazed by the difference when looking at the prints side by side.

Now I need to get the images scanned so I can show off. Naturally the web presentation won't do any justice to the prints. But at least my parents can see a picture of themselves ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment